Remember the orphans....






I thought I would take a moment to highlight one of our fellow staff. Mireya is from Honduras. She was a student in our January DTS and is currently serving on staff. Two days a week she visits a girl's home. I thought I would share part of her newsletter and some photos taken there last week when Mireya, Alex and other staff visited the Home to help with maintainence work.

Here is an excerpt from her latest newsletter:

I arrived at this orphanage with the desire to be a blessing to whomever I met there, be it the staff of the teens who lived there. My main idea was to begin a ministry with the teens in the orphanage, “Hogar Mi Milagro” (Home: My Miracle). There live 21 children and teens from the ages of 9 to 17, all facing difficulties and problems in their home lives. Their home is now this orphanage, which gives them a roof over their heads, and food, but it’s not a place where their voices are heard.
Listen to them was exactly what I wanted to do, each Tuesday and Thursday when I visit. I get up early to head out, hoping to bring joy to the hearts of these young girls. I spend time sharing a devotional with them, sharing with them how important God is in our lives. We share a time of worship, and also games. The rest of the time I am able to give some more individual attention, teaching some of them to read, helping others with their math homework, and giving computer classes to others.
Every time I visit, I am inspired by what I see God doing in the lives of these girls. One Tuesday, four of the young girls came up to me and asked me to spend some one-on-one time with each of them. They just wanted to share what they had been through in their childhood, and with their families, and the reason each one had been placed in that home. Each story was heartbreaking, and in spite of it all, each desires to be back with their families. They asked me to pray that their families would change. I did pray, believing with all my heart that the God of miracles can change any situation.


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Two halves of my life

Overwelmed.... in a good way.

Back in Oregon