today...




We are in the middle of a sudden rainstorm that came out of nowhere on a sunny morning.  I was just peeling my mid morning mango when it started.



The large, green mangos from our neighbors tree are now ripe, and a few days ago our neighbor's son picked us a laundry basket full of them.  So I have at least two or three a day.  I figure they must be pretty good for us, though I am not sure what they contain other than vitamin C.  Either way, we have been enjoying them.



It's been a quiet day at home for the girls and I.  Abigail is building a tower out of Mega Blocks with our neighbor's daughter, Sarai.  I just noticed that Carolyn has gone into the bathroom and is "washing" some of her toys in the bathroom sink.  That girl just loves water.  Our washing machine is not totally hooked up, so when we run it, we drain the water into a bucket and her favorite thing is to get into the bucket of sudsy water and play.



Alex is at a church event today with our friends from Shaday Church.  He got a call this morning letting hiim know that they were starting Sunday school early this morning, and I didn't have time to get the girls up and ready in time, so Alex went alone.  After being so busy these last few weeks, and being out and about all day yesterday and the day before, we are happy for a quiet day at home.



The rain is slowing now, no longer a down pour, but a soft, Oregon-like rain.  It's now slightly cooler but the rain has left behind a think, heavy blanket of humidity.  It reminds me of a couple of days ago when we were in a bus (a repainted yellow school bus brought down from the States).  It began to rain and everyone closed the windows to keep the large, heavy rain drops out.  The bus turned instantly into a sauna.  I tried to fan Abigail, who was sleeping on my lap.  Huge drops of sweat dripped down her face.  Every few minutes  Carolyn, dozing on Alex's lap, would rouse herself to wipe the sweat away, then drop back to sleep.



I have always enjoyed these rainy afternoons.  The girls are happy to stay at home today, and we need the rest.  Next weekend we begin to host another team, this time for a whole month. And, our YWAM conference is coming up in less than two weeks.  So the quiet moment to enjoy the falling rain is welcome.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Two halves of my life

Overwelmed.... in a good way.

Back in Oregon