January: come and gone


 (Our recent team from YWAM Chiriqui)


It seems as though I blinked my eyes and January was gone.  It went by in a flurry of activity for us.  At the beginning of the month we welcomed our good friends and fellow missionaries Steve and Malana Ganz, who will be living in Panama this month and working alongside us from April on.  The day after an all-Panamanian team from YWAM Chiriqui.  After three weeks of ministry with the team, they moved on to another location, while yet another team (also from YWAM Chiriqui) arrived.

Perhaps you will forgive me for the infrequent updates now.  J

While very busy, this past month has also been rewarding.  The day before we received the call letting us know the YWAM Chiriqui team would arrive, a vacation Bible school for the children at the local church was requested.  While I would have loved to say "yes", I knew it would be hard to pull off on my own.  The timing of the team’s arrival seemed providencial.  The next week we had the Vacation Bible school up and running.  A group of 20 children came for 5 days in a row to learn lessons from the life of Joseph.  The response was so positive that we held another week when our second team arrived, this time focusing on knowing God’s love.

Our friends Steve and Malana are now in the Chiriqui province studying Spanish, and our second team has another two weeks here. In my next post I will share about our big plans for next week!
                                                                               (Kids working on crafts during our vacation Bible school)
 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Two halves of my life

Overwelmed.... in a good way.

Back in Oregon