A week in Panama City

After arriving back from two months of traveling, the last thing I wanted to do was to leave home again. Sometimes it seems like my life is a constant series of packing and unpacking suitcases.  Although I am a missionary, and traveling is a part of my life, there is no denying that it can be pretty stressful at times.

We were supposed to go to Panama City this week to teach in their Leadership and Pioneering school.  While I knew I would enjoy immensely the chance to teach them on the subject of discipling others, I did not look forward to mobilizing our family again.  Especially since we had just gotten back into a good rhythm with home school.

But we went. And as I expected, we had a great time.  Alex and I got to share with a great group of 6 students a bunch of lessons that God has taught us over the last few years about how to mentor others in their relationship with God.  We also got to reconnect with fellow YWAMers there and rekindle friendships.

It was an interesting experience teaching, as I ended up telling a lot of stories.  I have always loved to listen to teachers who give a lot of examples. Sometimes ideas and theories are confusing to me until someone gives a concrete example.  So it was fun to sort through some of my OWN experiences and be able to flesh out the concepts that I wanted to talk about with examples from our own life and ministry.

I feel privileged that I have been taught so many great principles and also given the chance to put them into practice. I love living where we are, in a small community where we have the time and the opportunity to invest in the lives of young believers.  Even with all the multiple challenges, and those days that I complain or wish that this or that was different, it's wonderful to look around and know that you truly are in the right place and the right time.


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Two halves of my life

Overwelmed.... in a good way.

Back in Oregon