Christmas Meditations

I am sitting in our living room listening to Christmas music.  With the business of having a new baby in the house, I didn't know if I would have the energy to do anything for Christmas this year, but thankfully Alex took the initiative in setting up the tree.

As I listen to the music I am meditating on the truth the words communicate. To me they are speaking hope.  Into a world that was all broken and hurting, God sent hope in the person of his son.  God did not give up on his broken world. He sent hope.

In the midst of our struggles and pain, God is also there, still speaking hope.  The words of a Christmas carol have been running through my head: "Light and life to all he brings, risen with healing in his wings."  Light, life and healing; just what our sad world needs.  There are times when I lose sight of that light.

The name we chose for our newborn was Lucy Eileen, which means light and life.  As I sat holding her this week, I thought about how crazy it is that God keeps expressing his optimism as he allows another life to enter this broken world. God has not given up on this world. He still creates new life, fills our lives with light when we want to give up.

So I chose God's optimism today.  Instead of believing the lie that this world is too broken for God to heal, I chose hope. Instead of believing that we are too broken for God to heal, I look at his optimism, and chose hope.

Comentarios

clarisa medina ha dicho que…
Alex soy yo tu tia clarisa,yo vivo en Washington Dc mi direction 1460 Irving St NW apt.508 por favor Alex comunicase conmigo los pronto posible . mi correo es clarisa.medina68@ yahoo.com mi tele. es 202- 525-5682 oh mi cell. phone es 202-304-8616.Dios los bendigan a tu esposa y las ninas. Me dio mucho gusto verlos.por favor en que Estado viven usteden me gusteria conocerlos Ok Amen

Entradas populares de este blog

Two halves of my life

Overwelmed.... in a good way.

Back in Oregon