Last Day in Arizona

Images, sounds and impressions from Hopi Land are filling my mind.  Tomorrow we begin our journey back to Oregon, and next week we will be flying back home to Panama.  I know that the Hopi will stay in my heart; the people I met and what I learned while on Hopi Land.

The Hopi are an ancient people, and being on their land, hearing their language, experiencing the landscape, learning their stories, left me with the impression of what a newcomer my people are to this land.  As I sat and listened to prayers and songs being offered to God in the Hopi language, I thought how appropriate it was to hear this language being spoken in the same villages where it had been spoken for hundreds of years. 

The Bible talks about the Shepherd who goes out looking for the one lost sheep.  And when He brings back that sheep, Jesus told us that all the angels in heaven rejoice. I can only imagine that all the angels in heaven are waiting for word that one more of these ancient people have been found.  They are waiting for praise to be offered up from this land where their stories say that they were guided by a star to the place where they are now settled.


My heart is full as we go home.  God allowed me to know him more during my time on Hopi.  Through the Hopi believers, through the beauty of his creation, through the journey of walking and obeying God, another facet of his character has been deposited in my heart. Thank you God, for walking with us and allowing us to know another part of our family, another piece of your beautiful earth. We are thankful.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Two halves of my life

Overwelmed.... in a good way.

Back in Oregon